- Why we collect personal information
- What personal information we collect and when it is collected
- How your information is used and protected
- When and with whom your information is shared
- Your choices regarding your personal information
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control (including any third-party products or services that are integrated with the Service, including our third-party payment processor), or to individuals that we do not employ or manage.
Information we collect
The information we collect from users helps us not only provide the Service but also to personalize and continually improve each user’s experience with the Service. Here are the types of information we gather:
Information you give us
- We collect your name, email address, phone number, username, password, demographic information (such as your age group), country of residence and citizenship, current visa status and other information you provide to us (the “Personal Information”) when you create a user account on the Website. You can choose not to provide us with any or all of the information we specify or request, but then you may not be able to take advantage of some or all of the features of the Service.
- When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- Ask Ellis does not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors. If we become aware of the fact that a minor is attempting to submit Personal Information, we will inform the minor that he or she is ineligible to do so. We will then remove this information from our records. If you are the parent/legal guardian of a minor who has given us Personal Information, you may contact us to delete it.
Automatic information and tracking tools
Like many other websites, we and our third-party vendors also collect information through cookies and other automated means. Information of this sort includes:
- Technical information about your browser and mobile device: This information is used in the aggregate to help us optimize the Service for common browsers and devices.
- Usage information, such as the pages you request, searches you conduct and the features you interact with: This information is collected and used in individualized and aggregate forms to generate statistics about how and by whom the Service is being used, but is never shared in any form that could be reasonably used to identify you personally.
We may receive information from third-party analytics companies such as public demographic information to help analyze the use of our Service and expand our offering.
We may collect data generated by Users or Network Participants during their use of the Service that provide insight into market terms, norms and practices and help us to improve the Service. Such data will be compiled and retained in aggregated forms and will never be compiled, used or shared in a way that could compromise the identity of an individual User or Network Participant.
How we use the information we collect
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To respond to inquiries. Your information helps us to quickly respond to your inquiries, either directly to you or through our public platform.
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our Website. We continually strive to improve our Service based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To incorporate relevant market data. Your information helps us to better understand market terms, norms and practices, which allows us to improve the Service.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions. The credit card information you provide to our third-party payment processor allows us to process transactions you authorize through your use of the Service.
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your project proposal, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. For information on how to change your communication preferences, see “Your choices regarding the information we collect” below.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the service requested.
How we share the information we collect
We do not sell, rent or trade legal Information you provide to us to third parties. Some of the information submitted to us may be shared with lawyers who have been admitted to Ask Ellis’s pre-screened network of immigration lawyers (“Network Participants”) for the purposes of distributing the Service to you. We advise that you do not share with us information that may be sensitive or confidential in nature. We are under no obligation to keep any information communicated to us confidential.
We never provide your Personal Information to partners or advertisers, nor do we disclose aggregate information in a manner that would identify you personally. However, the use of this aggregate information by our service partners, as well as any Personal Information you directly provide to our service partners (such as our third-party payment processor), is governed by the privacy policies of those service partners and is not subject to our control.
Sometimes we may be required to share Personal Information in response to a regulation, court order or subpoena. We may also share information when we believe it’s necessary to comply with applicable law. We also may share information to respond to a government request or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers or others, to prevent harm or loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
We may also share Personal Information in the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, dissolution or similar event.
How we protect the information we collect
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your Personal Information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your Personal Information. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
We use a variety of information security measures to protect your online transactions with us. The Service uses encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect your Personal Information during data transport. SSL protects Personal Information you submit via the Service. We will notify you by email if we have reason to believe that your Personal Information has been compromised due to a security breach or used in an unauthorized manner, but by using this Service you agree to release us from any and all claims arising out of unauthorized use of your information.
Your choices regarding the information we collect
You may choose to stop receiving marketing or promotional e-mails, direct mail or other marketing communications, update and correct your personal information, or request that we no longer use your information to provide you the Service.
To do any of these, simply notify us of this decision by following the directions included in any promotional material received from us, or send an email to us at email@example.com.
Third-party services and links to other websites
Terms and Conditions